Retrieving old corrupted files.

stoneagek

Have some stuff I saved from OF from models who are long gone. I loaned the laptop to someone and before I did I moved the folder to stop it being found in case they decided to go snooping. When I got it back the folder was gone and the laptop was giving major trouble. I can some of the videos using the file search function but they won' work on any kind of video player I have. Any help appreciated. Cheers.

stoneagek

Have some stuff I saved from OF from models who are long gone. I loaned the laptop to someone and before I did I moved the folder to stop it being found in case they decided to go snooping. When I got it back the folder was gone and the laptop was giving major trouble. I can some of the videos using the file search function but they won' work on any kind of video player I have. Any help appreciated. Cheers.
From what I can gather I put the folder into another folder in Program Files. My mate says the laptop didnt work properly at all when she had it. Did I corrupt the laptop putting files in the wrong place. I have the laptop running again and I have found the shortcuts to the videos including the full file names but all the media players I have say the clips dont exist. Is there any way in windows to troubleshoot the files. System restore doesnt seem to exist anymore.

Chris214

I'm no expert on this at all but if you can access the videos try uploading them to mixdrop.co and it should convert them hope this helps again just a suggestion

stoneagek

All thats left is the shortcuts. When I click on them it says the files don't exist. The files I have are only 3kb each.

stoneagek

I'm going to guess that the laptop destroyed the files to save itself when I out them in the wrong folder. A deep scan of my system shows that I put them in with the same files the laptop uses to boot up. That's probably why it wouldn't work properly when I koaned it out.

Chris214

I'm going to guess that the laptop destroyed the files to save itself when I out them in the wrong folder. A deep scan of my system shows that I put them in with the same files the laptop uses to boot up. That's probably why it wouldn't work properly when I koaned it out.
Probably but don't give up I'm sure someone with much more expertise can help

Shifty

Does your laptop auto backup? If so may be able to revert back. If not have you tried a recovery tool for delete items?

Prokopije

Try recovery tools, as suggested. You can find bunch of freeware around net. I had similar problem with USB, I used RT, some of the videos were partially recovered, some were merged together as one, some were completely recovered. Pictures also. Bottom line, I was able to recover around 80% of damaged files. Still better than nothing.

stoneagek

Ive tried Mixdrop and Recuva. Mixdrop found the files as .exe and Recuva found nothing. Windows own file search function was better than Recuva tbh. Anything downloaded from Onlyfans with OnlyfansXtractor will have a file name ending in _source.mp4 My files have that name but when they go into mixdrop they get uploaded as .exe which probably stands to reason as all I have are the shortcuts. Recuva looked for the guts of an hour and found nothing even with part of the file names as a guide. Ive dug out some MFC recordings of the same models from another laptop so all is not lost but its the Onlyfans stuff I want because its paid for.