Issues on forum today?

Oldfatugly

Anyone else having weird forum issues today? I'm logged in,and the O from my name is shown as me, but when I click on a thread it shows a different user as me, then allows me to view the thread but if I refresh it shows my O again?

Cuggie

Yeah - I've been getting the exact same issues as you describe. Assumed I'd been hacked and changed password but the problems still persist!

aelx646

Been doing the same for me, when I change sections/threads I appear as different users and it even shows me their notifications and watched thread icons!

Preacher

You’re not wrong
Staff member
Ok we are looking into it can you list the users you are able to see instead of your own and can you just see their notifications or can you access their dm’s as well?

aelx646

Ok we are looking into it can you list the users you are able to see instead of your own and can you just see their notifications or can you access their dm’s as well?
Luckily I am not seeing anything private such as dm's for another user. I can't see the users full name, only at the top where it would normally say A for me it says the first letter of their name.

I see their red notification numbers next to messages and alerts at the top, but when I click on the message and alert buttons I don't see anything apart from an error message, "The active user has changed. Reload the page for the latest version."

In the forums it showed me as watching threads that I know I definitely don't watch so it's like I am seeing someone else's watched threads.

Last edited:

Oldfatugly

I could not see any of their DMS, or details, although I did see their email addresses. When I refreshed then the details went back to me on the relevant pages. For example, when I looked at reactions received, or preferences they was someone else till I pulled down to refresh, then it was me and has stayed as me since. I genuinely can't remember their email addresses though, apologies

Gazman24

I had this today too. Kept saying I need to log in but to reset password was someone's else email. I cleared history and data and all back to normal