Build a chat widget for the forum?

Is there a secret VIP discord that they wont let the plebs join?

• Total voters

bobbybird

Look, I know that it isn't 2014 anymore, and forums aren't exactly in vogue. I get it. But what if, and you might want to sit down for this, instead of people writing random posts in topics where they don't belong, we instead have a chat widget for people to chat or ask questions about how to work a web browser?
*hold for applause*
I know I'm a bit anal, but I feel like most of us get annoyed when we see {Hot Celeb} in the New Posts, and the new comment is just some guy asking about how to download videos on onlyfans, or even worse, some weirdo letting us know how close he is to completion. And then we get the urge to tell that motherfucker to stop posting stupid shit, but that only adds to the nonsense, and then other people jump in and tell you to shut up, and it's a nonstop cycle of violence.
On the contrary, chat widgets do look a little tacky. Chatbots would be a hassle. And discord is the superior version of forums (minus the vulnerabilities). I also enjoy the random moderator post where they go Amateur Night At The Apollo and completely shit on the person writing a dumb comment (foreshadowing?)

I only drink twice a year anymore, so I don't have genius ideas like this that often. Let's do it man, let's cut the ribbon. Let's get excited about this. This forum is about to chop the tarts.

tl;dr
wut up wit dat chat room doe?